Washing your face with these harsh products can do the skin more harm than good. Turning to a diy face wash for acne is the only safe of avoiding harmful products. I have been there with severe cystic acne on my face that didn’t seem to want to leave me alone. Thanks to Diys!
I’m talking about those stubborn bumps that get worse each day and you don’t know what to do about it. Read my story here.
The last thing I wanted was to continue applying harsh products on my face. With some common sense, I managed to figure out what to do. I decided to throw away every product that had chemicals in it. There are makeup ingredients to avoid if you want to save your skin.
What do you do after that?
Then I got stuck because I was so used to a world of already made cosmetics with who knows what ingredients inside. I didn’t know that there are chemical free ingredients out there that I can put together to save my skin from harsh ones.
I started looking out for anything organic. Everything I spent money on was an investment towards my well-being and I want you to look at it that way.
Looking at the problem of acne itself, you need to fight it in all fronts. I have this article on Estroblock. Find time to read it. The reason i’m saying this is that as much as this special diy face wash for acne is great, internal issues must be tackled too.
Consider also doing a detox for acne just to make sure that your liver is support as you get rid of acne permanently. Whatever is happening on your face right now, it is due to an internal condition that needs your attention. Let me be clear on this one. Anything you do outside such as using all natural Diys, do the same for inside.
I have received strange questions if i may call them such but i’m always open to anything on this blog as long as it is of help to you. One of the questions has been, ” does masturbation cause acne?” I thought only men do this. Well, let me not talk a lot about this. The answers are there for you to check them out.
Let me give you an idea on why DIYs are good for you;
They are easy to prepare with ingredients mostly found in your home.
- You have the power to choose the best and high quality ingredients.
- It saves you money and your skin has it all natural.
- No more future breakouts if your skin is acne prone.
So, let’s move on to DIY face wash for acne.
My favorite face wash I use since my early days of suffering from acne is manuka honey. If you are just starting out and you are on a budget, please don’t stress. Go and get any raw organic honey and it will make a big difference.
Before I show you how to do it, I want to give you the reason why I have chosen to use this type of honey.
Manuka honey is special because it fights the bacteria on your skin that causes acne.
With the antibacterial, antimicrobial and other nutrients found in the honey, the skin heals naturally without any side effects.What is better than that right now?
This honey brings moisture to your skin. So you can’t go wrong and no side effects here unless you are allergic to it. It opens up clogged pores.
Here is how you use it;
- Firstly, you can use honey as a cleanser once or twice a day. It does no harm at all. On days where my skin doesn’t feel too oily, I like to just splash water on my face instead of using the honey.
2. Get a small amount of honey on the palm of your hand. To be precise, I usually measure a ¼ of a teaspoon which is enough for the whole face.
3. Use your fingers to rub it all over your face, leaving no space uncovered. Honey can be very sticky, so you can spread it as it is.
As you start doing it, you will know exactly how much you need and whether to add a bit of water or not. Also, protect your hair from getting stuck together because of the honey. You will be glad I told you.
4. Keep it on for 3 minutes or less. Once a week if you have time, try to stay with it for more than 30 minutes. It works better for me when I apply it while I brush my teeth and do other things that may take a minute or 2 to finish. Before you realize it, it’s time to rinse out.
5. Put a soft cloth in hot water. Don’t put it on your face yet. Let it cool a bit and gently wipe off the honey. Make sure that the entire face is cleaned properly.
It’s like steaming your face and it feels so good. If you have acne and your face is red and blotchy, be careful not to use a very hot cloth.
6. Rinse out and pat with a cloth towel to dry. After that, you are ready to face the world with confidence.
I want to mention the importance of applying oil after that. Although your skin feels moisturized due to the honey face wash you have just done, apply oil.
Oils like argan or hemp are great for dry skin and Jojoba oil for oily skin. These oils will keep the skin balanced. By this I mean that the skin is kept at bay…not too dry or too oily. Another alternative to this can be doing an oil cleansing method.
Oil cleansing method is also meant to cleanse your face except that in this case, you are using different oils. These oils are mixed together. You then rub on the face for some seconds to a minute and leave it on for two or more minutes.
Rinse out and your skin feels great. The idea with this method is also to balance the production of oil on the skin
Share your experience in the comments below. Watch out for the upcoming articles in the DIY series.